Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Oh.my.gosh!!

A very good friend started a FB page on Sunday called Hope For Kenadee. Our dream is to take Kenadee to the ocean. With the way life is right now, having the $ to take her is not realistic. We started a "Take Kenadee to the Beach" fundraiser. I struggled because I like to be the giver of things, not the receiver. I also know that God has placed Kenadee's story on people's hearts everywhere. The fundraiser has raised $440 as of today! That is amazing and here comes the best part!!!!!!......

I got home from the gym (aren't you proud), & there was some mail for me...the usual oil change coupon flyer & a catalog. Today there was also an envelope addressed to me. I opened and immediately ran to find Dennis. It was a letter from a mom who is president of the "Happy Like This" foundation in Siloam Springs. The letter told her story of being a mom to two special needs kids and the struggles that she also faces! She'd heard that we wanted to take Kenadee to the ocean (prayers for Kenadee's health), and went to the board of her foundation. They were touched by Kenadee's story and wanted to help. THEY SENT A $500 GIFTCARD to help make our wish come true!!!! That means we've raised almost $1,000 in three days. We are so blessed, even during times when it feels like the world is caving in around us.

I booked the condo today and am getting my baby to the ocean whatever it takes!

Xoxo

3 comments:

  1. Awesome Lace!! I am so happy for you guys! Kenadee will love the beach! You deserve everything you receive! <3 you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is flippin' amazing!! I'm so happy. I have every faith that this dream will be fulfilled. You all deserve it so much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great news! So happy! Can't wait to see pictures of Miss Kenadee on the beach! -Jessica Hayes

    ReplyDelete